Workers Wearing Helmets and Jackets

Marine Contractors Insurance

Marine Contractors Insurance

What is Marine Contractors Insurance?

Specialist insurance for contractors providing services and products to the marine industry or in a marine environment. This includes onshore work at docks, piers, boatyards as well as offshore work.

Coverage is tailored to the specific needs of each business but commonly cover for the following can be included:


Other coverage:

  • Hull & Machinery

  • Damage to Contract Works

  • Owned or Hired Plant and Machinery

  • Tools

  • Stock

  • Goods in transit

  • Business Interruption

  • Personal Accident

Additional Coverages that can be added:

  • Vehicles/Fleet

  • Property, Offices or Workshops

  • Computers and other electronic equipment

  • Other business contents

  • Cyber Liability insurance

  • Critical Illness or Key worker Insurance

  • Management Liability

What types of business need Marine Contractors insurance?

Any business or sole trader providing professional services or products in a marine environment. Marine insurance is a specialist line of insurance that requires specialist industry knowledge to facilitate insurance.

Is Marine Contractors Insurance Compulsory?

Aspects such as Employers Liability are compulsory. Other types of insurance are required for membership of certain professional trade bodies and most clients, dockyards, piers and wharves will require that you have public liability in place it in place before they will work with you or allow you to work on their premises.

How much cover do I need?

That depends on a numbers of factors including the sort of work you are doing, the type of advice you are giving, the size and expectations of your clients and how much you can afford.