Professional Indemnity Insurance

What is Professional Indemnity Insurance?

If your business involves giving professional advice, providing designs, or making recommendations then you may need Professional indemnity insurance to protect your business and provide indemnity for claims and claimants costs, in respect of any civil liability, negligent act, error or omission incurred in the course of your professional business

What types of business need Professional Indemnity insurance?

Any business or sole trader providing professional advice, providing designs or making recommendations. Examples of businesses that would benefit are consultants, coaches, marketing agencies, teachers, architects, accountants, recruitment consultants, designers, freelancers and many more.

Is Professional Indemnity Insurance Compulsory?

Not usually although membership of certain professional trade bodies requires that it is in place and certain clients will require that you have it in place before they will work with you.

How much cover do I need?

That depends on a numbers of factors including the sort of work you are doing, the type of advice you are giving, the size and expectations of your clients and how much you can afford.