Girl Playing with Balls

Soft Play and Indoor Play Insurance

Soft Play and Children's Activities Insurance

What is Soft Play and Children's Activities Insurance?

This is insurance policy that provides cover for the risks facing a Soft Play and Children's activity businesses like a Soft Play Centre, Soft Play Equipment and Event Equipment Hirer, Bouncy Castle Hirer, Trampoline Park, Role Play Centres and other Children's indoor play centres as well as other Children's Activities businesses such as Baby & Toddler Groups, After School and Holiday Clubs, Performing Arts, Dance classes and many more.

Coverage can be tailored to the specific needs of each business the but commonly cover is included for:


  • Premises whether owned or leased

  • Soft Play Equipment, Bouncy Castles, Mascots and other Children's Activity Equipment

  • Other Tools and Equipment

  • Business Contents and Computer Equipment

  • Stock

  • Cover for any other assets

  • Goods in transit

  • Business Interruption

  • Personal Accident


  • Employers’ Liability

  • Public and Products Liability

Other Coverages that can be added:

  • Cyber Liability insurance

  • Professional Indemnity

  • Critical Illness or Key worker Insurance

  • Management Liability or D&O

Is Soft Play and Children's Activities Insurance compulsory?

Aspects of insurance are compulsory such as Employer’s Liability whereas others provide protection and resilience for the business if there is an accident or claim against the business. Industry safety associations such as ROSPA highly recommend having insurance in place for public and products liability at a minimum.

Children's Activities and soft play are physical activities designed to help children burn some of their energy. Due to the physicality of the activities, there is always the risk for injury even with the best risk assessment and mitigation measures.

Soft Play and children's activity centres often offer other services such as cafes, parties and creches or nurseries. It is vitally important the insurers are aware of all of the services and activities offered to ensure that an indoor play business has the right protection in place for all it's activities.

Where can I get a Soft Play and Children's Activities Insurance quote?

Contact us or call 0203 432 0270 and we will talk you through the options.